Fully Kiosk Browser is a secure and flexible Android Kiosk Browser and App Launcher. Restrict and adjust the functionality of your websites and lockdown other apps in Kiosk Mode. Fully Kiosk provides fullscreen mode, motion detection, remote admin and a lot of other features for your digital signages, interactive kiosk systems, information panels and all kinds of unattended AndroidTM devices. From just a fullscreen browser to full mobile device management (MDM) solution, you decide what you get. No rooting required.
Fully Video Kiosk is our app for playing videos and image slideshows on Android devices with full kiosk protection.
The most features of Fully Kiosk Browser are configurable according to your needs.
- Show websites
- Load URLs on multiple tabs
- HTTP, HTTPS or FILE protocols support
- Fullscreen and autoplay for HTML5 videos
- Basic HTTP authentication (username+password)
- Client certificate authentication (ver. 1.32+)
- WebRTC support (Android 5+)
- Integrated barcode scanner (ver. 1.30+)
- Lockdown or configure numerous web content features
- Allow Third Party Cookies
- Form Autocomplete (not in Android 8+)
- Scale page view or scale font size
- Autoplay HTML5 video/audio
- Clear Cache after each page loaded
- URL Whitelist and URL Blacklist
- Web filter based on host list (ver. 1.33+)
- Load local files using http/https URL (ver. 1.33+)
- Custom error URL (PLUS)
- Upload files (PLUS, Android 5+)
- Upload camera/video/audio capture (PLUS, Android 5+)
- Access webcam by HTML5 (PLUS, Android 5+)
- Access microphone by HTML5 (PLUS, Android 5+)
- Access geolocation by HTML5 (PLUS)
- Support popups and open links in new frame (PLUS)
- Disable keyboard or text selection/pasting
- Disable hardware acceleration (experimental)
- Ignore SSL errors (optional, of cause)
- Fake Browser User Agent String
- Handle PDF, Videos and other contents
- Show PDF files in Fully (PLUS)
- Play videos supported by Android incl. RTSP streams fullscreen in the built-in viewer (PLUS)
- Open links by other apps for other contents
- Handle URL scheme intent:
- Load and sync contents from ZIP file URL (ver. 1.33+)
- Universal Launcher
- Seamlessly mix apps, web bookmarks and file shortcuts on Fully’s universal launcher
- Customize the launcher as simple and flexible as a web page
- Launch other apps with full kiosk protection
- Auto-start an app (single app kiosk mode)
- read more
- Customizable Toolbars and Appearance
- Show/hide status, navigation, action, progress and address bar
- Show/hide tabs (ver. 1.25+)
- Real fullscreen mode (immersive sticky with Android 4.4+)
- Custom colors for all bars and tabs
- Customize the button set on the action bar with home, back, forward, refresh, print, share, QR scan and custom action buttons
- Custom Action Bar Icon and Background Image
- Configurable browsing controls
- Back button makes history back
- Pull to refresh the current page
- Play tap/click sound
- Add website links to the home screen
- Support zoom in the web pages
- Wait for Network connection (instead of loading error pages)
- Navigate back/forward by swiping over the screen (PLUS)
- Animated page transitions make a real app-feeling for your web-app (PLUS)
- Change tabs by swiping (PLUS)
- Tap home button for Start URL (PLUS, requires Kiosk Mode)
- Use Fully as standard web browser in Android
- Open URLs from NFC tags (PLUS)
- Auto reload website on different events
- Auto reload on idle, on page load errors (with optional delay)
- Auto reload when screen goes on, screensaver starts, network reconnects
- Auto reload when Internet becomes available
- Remove cookies, history, cache or webstorage on reload
- Configure your device for the best user experience
- Remove system bars and use full screen (read FAQ)
- Keep screen on
- Set screen brightness
- Fix screen orientation (landscape, portrait etc.)
- Force Wifi/Bluetooth enable/disable (ver. 1.33+)
- Autostart on boot
- Bypass the lockscreen
- Sleep on power disconnect
- Set wakelocks
- Show battery warning on low battery (PLUS)
- Schedule times to hibernate and wakeup the device on day of week base (PLUS)
- Switch screen off on idle (PLUS)
- Video Screensaver Support (PLUS)
- Dim screen or use Android daydream for Screensaver (PLUS)
- Pre-configure Wifi Access by SSID and Keyphrase (PLUS)
- Screensaver (PLUS)
- Configure Screensaver Playlist containing URLs, media files or whole folders and play it when device is idle
- Set custom Screensaver wallpaper and screen brightness
- Use Android Daydream/Screensaver instead Fully’s Screensaver
- Start Fully’s Screensaver as Android Daydream
- Kiosk Mode (PLUS)
- Lockdown device with selected exit gesture and defined PIN
- Disable access to other apps and Android settings for unattended tablets with Android Kiosk Mode
- Define a separate PIN only for Wifi or other settings access
- Lock Android system bars in Kiosk mode
- Lock Home Button (optionally)
- Restrict hardware buttons
- Disable camera
- Lock safe mode
- App whitelist: Allow selected apps to come to foreground
- Lockdown device to a single app (single app mode)
- read more
- Motion Detection using front cam or microphone (PLUS)
- Get more attention by switching screen on or stopping screensaver on motion
- Adjustable motion detection sensitivity and sample rate
- Recognize darkness (ver. 1.24+)
- Acoustic motion detection works even in the dark
- read more
- Device Movement Detection (PLUS)
- Detect device movement by accelerometer, compass sensors or iBeacons
- Detect movement when unplugged (ver. 1.33+)
- Switch screen on or stop screensaver on movement
- Play anti-theft alarm sound
- Get device information and control device
- Manage Fully functionality and settings
- React on different events like Screen On/Off
- Detect iBeacons
- Scan QR code (integrated barcode scanner)
- Communicate to Bluetooth devices (printers etc.)
- Get cam shot (requires Motion Detection)
- Get screenshot
- Play videos and show PDF
- Show notifications (ver. 1.33+)
- Start other Apps
- Bring Fully in Foreground
- Print website
- Text to speech
- Exit or Restart App
- read more
- Remote Admin the Fully app (PLUS)
- Access by any web browser in the local network or worldwide via VPN
- Remote Admin from everywhere using Fully Cloud
- View device and Fully Android Kiosk App info
- Upload files for local content
- View and manage Fully Kiosk settings
- Show screenshot and camshot
- Easy REST interface for automation
- read more
- Daily Usage Statistics (PLUS)
- Count pageview, touches, reloads, screenons, motion detections, device movements etc.
- View stats and download CSV in Remote Admin Interface
- Recover the app
- Auto restart Fully after crash (PLUS)
- Auto restart Fully after app or Android Webview update (PLUS)
- Easy installation, licensing, volume licensing and deployment
- Install from Google Play or from APK file
- Export/import settings
- Different device provisioning methods, read more
- Easy deployment by settings auto-import, read more
- Supports deployment by Knox Configure
- MQTT integration (ver. 1.34+)
- All PLUS features are unlimited FREE to try
- Purchase an instant license for the PLUS features (even without Google account), read more
- Easy volume licensing with one key for 10+ devices
- Offline licensing if your device may not connect to Internet
- Customized and white label solutions available, read more
- Lightweight app, no ads, no tracking
- Move Fully to SD card (if supported by your Android system)
- Supports Android 4.4 to 9.0
If you miss any features for your use case please don’t hesitate to ask us.
Please do not expect miracles in the quality of web presentation, the browser performance, or battery usage. Fully Kiosk uses the web engine of Android Webview. It can only show the web pages as well as Chromium can. For the best results on Android 5 and 6 please install Android System Webview from Google Play. On Android 7+ please install the latest Google Chrome app The Chromium engine is then up to date and the website presentation in Fully Kiosk should be the same as in Chrome on Android. More Information.
Android 4.4 contains an outdated and buggy Chromium web engine. There are some display problems known, eg with SVG fonts. Unfortunately it’s not fixable because the Android Webview can’t be updated in Android 4.4.
Fully Kiosk apps run only with Android 4.4 and newer.
APK files are available in the download box. For Fire OS devices, for deployments and provisioning please install the special editions from APK files. If installing from APK file apps from unknown sources must be enabled in the Android security settings. If you have Google Play installed we recommend disabling auto-updates for Fully Kiosk apps. When updating from APK installation to Google Play (or the other way) the old app often needs to be uninstalled. You can use the settings export/import in Other Settings in order to preserve the configuration.
When installing Fully Kiosk the following permissions are implicitly granted:
- INTERNET – Internet connection
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED – start at boot
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD – unlock screen
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT – add links to the home screen
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW – required for kiosk mode
- REORDER_TASKS – required for kiosk mode
- WAKE_LOCK – required for kiosk mode
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – show local files with file:// and import settings
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE – export settings to file
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE – check network state
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE – check WiFi connection
- CAMERA – required for visual motion detection
- SET_ALARM – required for scheduled sleep and wakeup
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION – required for HTML geolocation access
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION – required for HTML geolocation access
- RECORD_AUDIO – required for HTML microphone access and acoustic motion detection
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS – required for HTML microphone access
- CHANGE_WIFI_STATE – required for Wifi pre-config
- GET_TASKS and PACKAGE_USAGE_STATS – required for Kiosk mode
- WRITE_SETTINGS – required for setting screen brightness
- NFC – read URLs from NFC tags
- READ_PHONE_STATE – access IMEI and SIM Serial
- VIBRATE – make vibration from Webview
- GET_PACKAGE_SIZE – get app storage stats
- EXPAND_STATUS_BAR – required for Kiosk Mode
In Android 5+ following runtime permissions are requested when the appropriate settings are activated:
- Access to Usage Stats – for Kiosk mode app management (on some buggy Android 5.x devices this permission has to be granted manually in Android security settings)
In Android 6+ following runtime permissions are requested when the appropriate settings are activated or on demand:
- Read/write USB media – on access to a file-URL, on export/import settings, on activating Remote Admin and Kiosk Mode
- Draw over other apps – on the first start in Kiosk mode, with activated Motion detection and for detecting touches in other apps
- Disable battery optimization – if prevent sleep feature or motion detection with screen off timer is enabled (ver. 1.32+)
- Access to Geolocation – on HTML geolocation access, iBeacon detection or Remote Admin activation
- Record Audio – on HTML microphone access activation or acoustic motion detection
- Write Settings – when using screen brightness or screensaver brightness settings
In Android 7+ following runtime permissions is requested when the appropriate settings are activated:
- Change Do Not Disturb Settings – for Playing Alarm Sounds.
In Android 8+ following runtime permissions is requested when the appropriate settings are activated:
- Install Apps from Unknown Sources – for installing apps via Remote Admin.
Some vendors changed their Android in the way that some runtime permissions can’t be granted. You see a missing permissions list, press OK, but noting happens. Please continue pressing OK. After 3-4 times an IGNORE button will appear (ver. 1.35+). You can let Fully Kiosk to forget the missing permissions. Some features relying on this permission will however fail.
Menu and settings can be reached by swiping from the left edge to the right.
The credentials (basic HTTP authentication) can be included in the start URL (eg http://user:pass@server:8084/fhem/ftui/ ) or entered in the Web Content Settings Username and Password.
Local files can be used for all URLs like this: file: ///sdcard/test.html (note triple slash!) For Android 6+ permission for access to local files is requested and must be granted. Note that any links to local files or embedding local files in HTTP/HTTPS documents are disabled by Android Webview for some security reasons. Use Localhost File Access option (ver. 1.33+) for workaround. Check this FAQ for details.
When updating APK to Google Play or the other way the old app may need to be un-installed first. Please use export/import settings in order to preserve them.
This menu feature creates a link to the currently open web page on the Android Home screen. So you can set a favorite/bookmark to any web page including the universal launcher. The title of web page is taken as link title. Fully Kiosk tries to find the best available favicon to use as link icon for the current URL. You can put several links to various websites on the Home screen. Clicking such link opens Fully Kiosk with the web URL stored in the link.
In the Kiosk Mode the Fully App sets up an Android Kiosk Mode with kiosk gesture and PIN protection. Usually you also want to disable the home button, the access to Android settings and other apps. For this purpose Fully Kiosk will ask you to set it as the default Home App (Launcher). Then by clicking on the Home button the user remains locked in Fully and won’t get to the default Android launcher.
The Kiosk Mode can be easily turned on or off in the Fully Kiosk settings. Leave the settings and follow instructions in order to activate or deactivate the Kiosk Mode. With Android 5+ before the first start in Kiosk Mode some additional permissions are requested and should be granted.
Note that user input is required on the device to enable/disable the Kiosk Mode. For this reason changing the Kiosk Mode from Remote Admin or by remote import of a settings file is intentionally disabled. You can however enable the Kiosk Mode by auto-importing the settings file as described in our deployment guide. Enabling the Kiosk Mode without any user interaction is only possible by device provisioning.
The system bars, the camera, the power button and the volume buttons can also be blocked in Kiosk Mode. However a very long press on the power button will still cause the most devices to switch off. In Android 8+ the status bar pull-down can’t be locked but Fully Kiosk will try to close the status bar immediately and it shouldn’t be usable. We recommend Device Provisioning for Android 8+ devices for better protection.
Some moderate hacks are necessary to establish the Kiosk Mode in Android. Therefore, some devices or Android versions may fail with it. We recommend all users who need to use the Android Kiosk Mode to test it thoroughly including rebooting device in Kiosk mode, entering PIN and switching Kiosk Mode completely off before deploying to production. If something goes completely wrong you can factory reset your device in order to exit the kiosk mode.
If you define the Wifi/Settings PIN you will get to Wifi or other settings when you enter this PIN. The restrictions for other apps apply while the Wifi or other Android settings are in foreground.
Fully Kiosk can also lockdown other apps in Kiosk Mode. Read this FAQ for details and restrictions. You can even lockdown the device to a single app using the Single App Mode or by using our Fully Single App Kiosk app. Note that exiting from this mode REQUIRES 7 FAST TAPS!
The visual motion detection uses the front camera of the device. This feature is experimental. Some devices are known for their cameras do not start or stop after some time. Motion detection is high battery consuming as the cam must be running permanently.
The detection works pretty good with the Detector Sensitivity setting at 90-95 if there is enough light. With the Show Preview Cam option you will get a small cam preview in the lower right corner, so you can see cam coverage.
When switching the visual motion detection for the first time three additional runtime permissions will be needed in Android 6+: Administration rights, Draw over other apps and Access to Cam. Keep calm and enable everything.
The acoustic motion detection uses the microphone of the device and can work even in complete darkness very efficiently. Try around and set the appropriate sensitivity.
When motion is detected the screen is switched on. You can specify on Device Management section with Screen Off Timer setting in seconds how fast the screen has to be off again. Device Admin permission must be enabled for Fully in order to turn screen off. (This has nothing to do with Android root privileges. Root access is not required for Fully unless you want to use the Root Features.) Before the Fully app can be uninstalled, device admin permission must be disabled.
You can manage your Fully Kiosk app remotely on devices in your local network or worldwide via VPN. If you have a PLUS license for your device this service is FREE of any charges. With Fully Cloud you can connect to Remote Admin from everywhere.
Enable Remote Admin and specify a password in Fully Settings and connect in any web browser to http://ip-address-of-device:2323 You can make this connection HTTPS if you put a SSL certificate onto device (ver. 1.27+).
These features are available on the Remote Admin web interface:
- Show current device and Fully Kiosk state information
- View/edit all 200+ Fully Kiosk settings
- List, upload, download, delete available settings files
- Export/import settings to/from a settings file – Enable Kiosk Mode, Enable Remote Admin, Remote Admin from Fully Cloud and Remote Admin Password will not be changed when importing a settings file.
- Export/import settings in JSON file – editable text format
- Load Start URL
- Load arbitrary URL
- Show screenshot from device (does not include video content or other apps)
- Show camshot from device (requires Motion Detection)
- Detect current app in foreground, bring Fully to Foreground
- Close Settings, Screensaver and other special views
- Turn screen on/off
- Show device geolocation
- Show and CSV download of usage stats
- Lock device to maintenance mode
- Show a message in an overlay (ver. 1.34+)
- Load and uncompress contents from ZIP file to /sdcard – Can be used for the local content management. Be careful, existing files will be overwritten when extracting from ZIP file. Check this FAQ
- Load and install an APK file – user input is requires on the device in many cases – check this FAQ.
With Fully Cloud you can organize, monitor and remote configure your Fully Kiosk devices from everywhere (even if your devices are in a local network behind NAT). You can also make fast Device Provisioning and manage apps with Enterprises. Fully Kiosk does not change anything in your network, no port forwarding or VPN is needed. You have to enable Remote Admin from Fully Cloud option and set the Remote Admin Password in the Fully Kiosk settings. Check the Cloud HowTos for more info.
|Add devices to your account by Device ID or Volume License Key||BASIC|
|View current device information||BASIC|
|View device locations on Google Map||BASIC|
|Create groups and arrange devices in groups||BASIC|
|Rename device to nice aliases||BASIC|
|Create configurations and make fast device provisioning (different methods supported)||BASIC|
|Create Google Play Managed Enterprises and silently manage apps, managed configurations and app permissions on devices (required Google Account and Google Play connection)||EARLY ADOPTER|
|Use all features from device’ Remote Admin from everywhere||ADVANCED|
|Remote push a new configuration to device||ADVANCED|
|Device monitoring: get an eMail or Pushbullet alert when the device gets disconnected from power supply or from the Internet, or if your device’ battery is low, or device is moving (anti-theft alert)||ADVANCED|
|Send action commands to device for maintenance lock, screen on/off, restart, settings import, device lock/wipe/reboot, install APK file, load and unzip a ZIP file etc.||ADVANCED|
|Mass device admin: Make actions on all selected devices at once, queue actions for offline devices until they go online||ADVANCED|
|Use Fully Cloud API to get device info and remote control Fully Kiosk device from your software (ask us for details)||ADVANCED|
|1 Trial Month FREE||1 Trial Month FREE||1 Trial Month FREE|
|After Trial Month:|
|Fully PLUS License required||Fully PLUS License required||Fully PLUS License required|
|No other fees||No other fees
for devices added
until December 2019
The trial month starts for each device by adding this device to Fully Cloud. After the trial period a Fully Cloud Subscription is required for using Advanced Features. The subscription is max. 1.20 €/month per device, annual payment 15% discount, more discount for each additional device on the same subscription. Make a free account and use the fee calculator in Fully Cloud on the Subscriptions menu. For example, if you make a subscription with 100 devices and pay annually it’s only 0.82 €/month per device.
The subscription fee is paid by PayPal subscription with 3 or 12 months period. You can cancel your PayPal subscription anytime in your PayPal account. The subscription will remain active all the time paid and no fees will be refunded. The number of the devices on the subscription and the amount can’t be changed once the subscription has started. You can however add another subscription anytime. Consider adding some spare devices as every additional device on the subscription makes the price per device cheaper. There is however no refund for unused spare devices or unused trial time. Please test everything with your devices prior to starting a subscription.
If you have Remote Admin enabled you can use its features as a simple REST API interface in order to control the device from your local network. The base URL address is always http://ip-address:2323. You can make this connection HTTPS as described in the Remote Admin section.
You have to specify the Remote Admin Password on the URL. Don’t forget to URLencode all query string parameters. You can add type=json to the query string in order to get a short JSON response.
Starting Fully Kiosk Browser 1.34 we support publishing device info and major device events to the MQTT broker. You can setup the broker URL (like tcp://farmer.cloudmqtt.com:18075) and credentials in Other Settings.
The complete device info will be published every 60 seconds as fully/deviceInfo/[deviceId] topic (retaining, QOS=1).
Events will be published as fully/event/[eventId]/[deviceId] topic (non-retaining, QOS=1). Following events are implemented for now: screenOn, screenOff, pluggedAC, pluggedUSB, pluggedWireless, unplugged, networkReconnect, networkDisconnect, internetReconnect, internetDisconnect, powerOn, powerOff, showKeyboard, hideKeyboard, onMotion, onDarkness, onMovement, volumeUp, volumeDown, onQrScanCancelled, onBatteryLevelChanged, onScreensaverStart, onScreensaverStop.
Fully Video Kiosk is our separate app for playing videos and image slideshows on Android devices with full kiosk mode protection. With Fully Video Kiosk you can manage a playlist containing URLs to media files or websites as well as files and folders from the local internal/external storage.
Fully Video Kiosk can play:
- All video streams/codecs supported by Android
(these can slightly vary on different Android versions)
- YouTube videos and playlists (requires latest WebView installed)
- JPG/PNG/GIF images
- Other Websites
Fully Video Kiosk contains all features included in Fully Kiosk Browser except NFC Tag reading, Single App Kiosk Mode and Universal Launcher.
Additional configuration settings in Fully Video Kiosk:
fully.playerStart(), fully.playerStop(), fully.playerPause(), fully.playerResume(), fully.playerNext()
There are also corresponding REST interface features cmd=playerStart, cmd=playerStop, cmd=playerPause, cmd=playerResume and cmd=playerNext included.
A Fully PLUS License is also valid for Fully Video Kiosk. You can obtain a Fully PLUS license for the device and use it with any Fully Kiosk app at your choice.
The default settings file is called fully-video-settings.json. You can use fully-video-auto-settings.json or fully-video-once-settings.json for auto import when deploying.
You can add the Fully Video Kiosk device to Fully Cloud, organize and control it there too. Add :23 to the Device ID when adding such device to the Fully Cloud.
- In Kiosk Mode the home button and the recent app button shortly pauses the playback.
- Remote Admin screenshot does not show video content.
Your feedback is welcome!
Fully Single App Kiosk is our separate app for locking down the device to one selected app. Everything else will be blocked. Fully Single App Kiosk is very easy to configure. Just select an app, set a Kiosk PIN, ready!
Remember to TAP VERY FAST 7 TIMES in order to see the PIN dialog.
A Fully PLUS License is also valid for Fully Single App Kiosk. You can obtain a Fully PLUS license for the device and use it with any Fully Kiosk app at your choice.
You can add the Fully Single App Kiosk device to Fully Cloud, organize and control it there too. Add :56 to the Device ID when adding such device to the Fully Cloud.
- On Android 8+ devices the Status Bar can’t be locked while device lock screen is displayed. Please disable screen lock in Android settings as workaround. You can use device provisioning or KNOX features for reliable status bar lock.
- Remote Admin screenshot does not show other apps.
Your feedback is welcome!
All PLUS features are FREE to try. Please test all needed Fully Kiosk features with your website and your devices before ordering a license. If something isn’t working please contact us before ordering a license. Ordering a license won’t fix any bug.
If you like the PLUS features get a Fully PLUS License. This license work with all Fully Kiosk apps and with this license you can now use the Basic Fully Cloud Features. The PLUS license can be comfy obtained directly in the Fully Kiosk app menu. You can use the following button for the case if you prefer using another device/browser:
A Fully PLUS single license is only 5.90 EUR per device – one-time payment payable with PayPal for a lifetime license. There are no other fees/taxes on our invoice and you’ll get all future updates for the Fully Kiosk app including all future PLUS features. The license is activated immediately after the payment is completed. Internet connection is required on your Android device. You can even move your licence to another device later if you need. Just use this form in that case:
If you order a license for more than 10 devices you can use Fully PLUS Volume Licensing with special conditions. You will get one Volume License Key (like ABCDEF0815) which can be used for activating the license on all your devices. You can enter this key in Fully’s Other Settings and the license will be activated for this device automatically (Internet connection required). Check our manual for the fast deployment process. Please use this calculator for the volume pricing and orders:
You can check your Fully PLUS Volume License status and list registered devices here. You can un-register the device from the Volume License by removing the volume key from Other Settings.
If you’ve got a Volume License but your device may not connect to Internet for some reasons you can use Offline Licensing. However it’s some more work. Go on each device to Fully’s Other Settings and tap on Device ID. Device ID will be written to the file fully-deviceID*.txt. Then collect the Device IDs from all your devices and use this form. You will get a license file fully-license-bunch.txt which you will have to put back on each device. Please use the Deployment Edition APK with Android 6+ for Offline Licensing. Then the file containing the Device ID will be generated automatically on the first app start after you grant the Media Read/Write Permissions and the license file can be read.
Device provisioning is the fastest way to setup factory new or resetted devices. Fully Kiosk supports all available methods of Android device provisioning. You can configure the provisioning settings and get detailed step by step instructions in Fully Cloud. Just get a free Fully Cloud account and try it. Once configured you can setup new devices with almost no manual effort.
|Provisioning Methods||NFC||Activation Code||DPC Identifier||QR Code||ADB (manual)|
|Restrictions for Target Devices||Android 5+, NFC capable devices only||Android 5.1 only||Android 6+||Android 7+||Android 5+|
|New or Factory Resetted Device Required||yes||yes||yes||yes||no|
|Connect to Wifi automatically
||yes||no||no||Android 7-8: no
Android 9+: yes
|Internet Connection Required||no||yes||yes||Android 7-8: yes
Android 9+: no
|Install APK File from
With all provisioning methods you can optionally:
- Add Device to Fully Cloud and Device Group automatically (Internet required)
- Add Device to Google Play Managed Enterprise (Internet and Android 6+ required)
- Import Configuration from Fully Cloud (Internet required) – Please create a Configuration first. You can import a Fully settings file (JSON) if you’ve already configured devices with Fully Kiosk or create a configuration from the scratch.
- Import Configuration from JSON file URL – You can put the settings file on the URL in your network if you don’t like to share it with Fully Cloud or if your devices don’t have any Internet access.
With provisioned Android 6+ devices you can silently install/upgrade apps from APK file using the Install APK File button in Remote Admin.
The provisioned device has a number of additional Device Owner Settings available.
With a Managed Google Play Enterprise you can silently manage apps on your Android 6+ devices. This however requires your devices to be connected to the Internet and to use the Google Play services.
Create a new Enterprise in the Enterprise menu on Fully Cloud. A Google account is required for this step. You can approve apps for your enterprise in Google Play for Work and then configure apps to be auto-installed, set default permissions and managed configurations (if your app supports) in Fully Cloud (look for Manage Apps button on the Enterprise entry). You can also manage apps for each device individually, look for Manage Apps button on the device entry.
The only way to add device to the Enterprise is making device provisioning. You can select the Enterprise when creating provisioning settings in Fully Cloud.
If you can’t use the device provisioning you can easily deploy Fully to many devices as follows:
- Install the Fully Kiosk app on one device (from Google Play or APK file)
- Configure and test the Fully Kiosk app. If you have different devices or different Android versions please test anything on each device type/version. Check this FAQ for recommended settings for unattended devices.
- If you have a Fully PLUS Volume License Key enter it in Other Settings
- If you want to automatically add devices to Fully Cloud you can add your account credentials to Remote Admin >> Add Device to Cloud and activate the Save Credentials option
- Export settings to fully-settings.json (look in Other Settings >> Export Settings)
- Take the fully-settings.json file, rename it and place to fully-once-settings.json (in the same folder) on all other devices you want to install
- Now install Fully on each other device (from Google Play or APK file). The fastest way is connecting the device via USB, copy APK file and settings JSON file to device and install from APK file.
- Start Fully Kiosk app once on each device
- Fully Kiosk will automatically import settings from fully-once-settings.json, remove this file and ask you for needed runtime permissions
- If you had a Volume License Key included in the settings file Fully Kiosk will take the key and register a license for each device automatically (Internet connection is required)
- If you had saved you Fully Cloud credentials in the settings Fully will add each new device to Fully Cloud automatically (Internet connection is required)
If you use Android 6+ please make sure to take the special APK file Deployment edition. This edition brings a Read Storage Permission dialog on the first app start which is needed to auto-import the settings.
Please keep at least one device of each type as reference and for testing and attend to this FAQ about recommended settings for making your kiosk mode secure.
We would be glad to offer you customized or white label version of Fully Kiosk Browser for your individual or business needs. You will get a custom app as APK file for your installation.
- Custom App Base Package incl. custom app name, icon, package name, graphics, colors, default Start URL – 249 €
- Set custom defaults or remove settings for the custom app – 99 €
- Custom Fully Cloud incl. custom name, URL, SSL certificate – starting by 299 €
- Integration with Other Apps or devices
- iBeacon and Eddystone integration
- Custom Kiosk Exit Gesture
- Custom NFC Tag Actions
- Custom Licensing Models
- Localized Custom App
- Use root access features like scheduled reboot or remote APK update (for rooted devices only)
- Add any other features or customizations to your Custom App or Cloud
Please contact us for details and prices.
All Fully Kiosk apps do not track users. No information about Fully App usage including its local Remote Admin interface is transmitted to or stored on our servers.
If you are using the PLUS features the app checks periodically the PLUS license validity if the Internet connection is available. The anonymous device ID will be sent via HTTPS to our servers for this purpose.
If you order a PLUS license the device ID, PayPal transaction details, your name and email will be stored in order to enable authentication in case of license relocation.
If you are using Fully Cloud service with Remote Admin from Fully Cloud option, your device will frequently send all information available on Fully Remote Admin interface to Fully Cloud server via HTTPS. The latest state will be saved for the quick view in the Fully Cloud Account. No history data will be saved. Fully Cloud is hosted in Germany by 1&1 IONOS.
In case of application crash or ANR the anonymous information about your device type, Android version, Fully version, its major settings, logcat and exception stack will be sent to our servers via HTTPS in order to support investigation and fix that bug.
UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
German substantive law shall apply to the agreement. Consumer protection law of the consumer’s residence country shall be excluded.
Using Fully PLUS features requires a Fully PLUS License. Look at PLUS Licensing for conditions. Using Advanced Features in Fully Cloud requires a Fully Cloud Subscription after trial period. Look in Fully Cloud for conditions. You can test anything for free.
Please ask us if you can’t use PayPal. For orders with 10+ devices we can offer a bank transfer or credit card payment. We require all international bank transfers to us to be made with the OUR instruction (all fees are paid by you). Credit card payment +5%.
OPEN SOURCE CODES USED.
Fully Kiosk uses code of nanohttpd. Copyright (c) 2012-2013 by Paul S. Hawke, 2001,2005-2013 by Jarno Elonen, 2010 by Konstantinos Togias All rights reserved.
Fully Kiosk uses code of Eclipse Paho published under EPL.
Fully Kiosk uses code of Jsoup published under MIT License.
There are some Android OS related issues:
- Fully Kiosk is using the web engine of Android System Webview or Google Chrome. Compatibility issues may occur as with any other web browser. Read this FAQ.
- Many Android devices are not suitable for running 24/7. We recommend long time testing prior to production deployment.
- Excessive website complexity and video content can lead to the high resource usage by the Android Webview, unresponsiveness and killing the app by Android. Enable the recommended restart option in Other Settings, try to reduce website complexity or increase device resources.
- Download of blob: URLs created by URL.createObjectURL() or other blob: URLs isn’t supported by the Android Webview.
- Fullscreen mode warning (immersive mode confirmation) is sometimes shown by some Android versions and must be confirmed.
- Black screen may be flashing in Android 5.x if your device is locked and you are pulling the system bars. You can set Screen Lock to None in Android settings in order to avoid flashes, but use Fully’s Kiosk Mode to keep the device secure.
- Screen Off Timer may suspend many devices completely, so no Motion Detection or Remote Admin can be used. In Fully Kiosk Browser 1.32+ please look for the new option Prevent from Sleep while Screen Off.
- Scheduled Wakeup may be inaccurate (up to some minutes later) or even fail at all on some devices.
- Double launch on device boot in Kiosk Mode may be done, this shouldn’t cause any problems however.
- Toast messages are not visible when device is locked in Android 6+
- Screenshots do not include videos or contents from other apps.
- Saved HTTP Auth credentials can’t be cleared (seems to be an Android Webview bug)
- Fully Kiosk app is terminated when Android System Webview or Google Chrome is updated. Disable the updates or use Restart Fully After Update option.
- Some videos play fullscreen with broken aspect ratio (Android media player bug?)
- Looping the videos in Fully video player sometimes doesn’t work in Android 5 (Android media player bug?).
- On Amazon Kindle/Fire devices some Features are out of order. Please check this FAQ for details.
- Android Webview doesn’t allow links to local files (file://) or embedding local files from HTTP/HTTPS documents. Use Localhost File Access option (ver. 1.33+)
- Volume Buttons can’t be locked in Kiosk Mode on some devices.
- Text-to-speech interface is broken with some Android 5.x devices.
- In some Android versions other apps running in Kiosk Mode can’t obtain runtime permissions (“Screen Overlay Detected“). Please run the app and set needed permission without kiosk mode first or use device provisioning to auto-grant some permissions to other apps.
- Android Accessibility Service and other apps (analyzing and pre-filling pages, like LastPass) relying on that service are not working properly with Android Webview.
- In Android 8+ the onscreen keyboard might not show up in other apps sometimes after reboot if Unlock Screen option is enabled and Swipe Screen Lock is selected. Disable Unlock Screen option or disable Screen Lock on Android Settings as workaround. With Fully Kiosk Browser 1.34 the experimental option Unlock Swipe Screenlock seems to help to avoid this bug in most cases.
- In Android 8+ the status bar can be pulled down in Kiosk Mode for a short time. Use device provisioning or KNOX features to lock the status bar reliably.
- Also when the device is showing the lockscreen the status bar can’t be disabled in Android 8+. Remove screen lock as workaround. Use device provisioning or KNOX features to lock the status bar reliably.
- Few device vendors like Elo Touch decided to reset the default launcher (home app) once a while to their own app. Unfortunately there is no chance to maintain the kiosk mode on such devices reliably.
- Some TV boxes with Android 8.1 show erroneous behavior which also disallows to use the settings in the app.
- Kiosk mode and all features requiring the device admin permission don’t work with Chrome OS.
- Secure Kiosk Mode is impossible and different other restrictions apply for Android TV devices.
- The print button is crashing the app with Android Webview 77.
Fully Factory UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
VAT ID: DE314274882
eMail : email@example.com
Phone: +49 21ЗЗ 27ЗЗЗЗ
Your feedback is welcome! Enjoy Fully Kiosk!